If you are planning poetry readings, creative writing workshops, lectures on contemporary poetry and resistance, or talks on women and the healing power of art, please consider inviting Ekere.
About Mariahadessa Ekere Tallie
- Mariahadessa Ekere Tallie is the author of four books: Layla’s Happiness, Strut, Dear Continuum: Letters to a Poet Crafting Liberation and Karma’s Footsteps.
- Dear Continuum was selected by Split This Rock as a Spectacular Book of 2015.
- Her work focuses on resiliency, women, body image, race, ancestry, social justice and the healing power of art.
- Her poetry is the subject of the short film “I Leave My Colors Everywhere“.
- She served as Poetry Editor of African Voices from 2013 to 2017.
- Take a moment to review the enthusiastic feedback from faculty members, administrators and students that invited Ekere.
Follow Ekere on Instagram.